Whereis?

I admit to being an impatient sort, so rather than wait for the the
2.0 release on CD to come out, I spent hours downloading many, many
files and then going through the process of installing the new system.
   Actually everything went pretty well. I do have a very operable
system, after going back and downloading needed files several times.
However there is one file I cannot find. Libp2c1. It is listed as being
needed for the p2c program in the list of Packages, but it is not listed
as available in the list of packages, nor have I been able to find it
anywhere. Can someone tell me what gives?
  Also, what has happened to tkdesk? It has been my filebrowser and of
choice and more for over a year now, and I cannot find it either.

Thanks,
Glenn