Re: Xwindows

Hi,

> I own a Hercules Stingray 128/3D 3DFX card (pci)6 megs vidram.
> and when I do xwindows, I get gigantic icons and screens.
> has anyone else ran across this problem, if have please let me know how
> you repaired it.

I own an Intergraph Intense 3D Voodoo which has the same Voodoo Rush
chipset your card has and I have had no problems.  Are you using the
latest XF86 distribution and server (XF86_SVGA)?  I am using XF86-3.3.2 on
my hamm system.  By the way, only 4MB of your RAM is useable by Linux.
The other 2MB is for textures which may be used by applications that use
Glide for Linux, for example.  I'm not sure if the Glide library with
Voodoo Rush support has been ported to Linux yet, however.

-Ossama