[X Problem] Windows lacking "chrome" after recent upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded my hamm installation to the latest set of software under
frozen.  Suddenly I find that X windows have lost their "chrome".  I tried
kde, fvwm2 and olwm.  Smae problem in all the cases.  Why is this
happening?  Hoe can I get around it?

S.
--
"The human race never solves any of its problems.  It merely outlives
                    them." -- David Gerrold