Re: kernel-headers-2.0.32 vs. kernel-headers-2.0.33

On Sun, Apr 12, 1998 at 04:20:00PM -0700, George Bonser wrote:

> > 	kernel-source-<version> may not supply the same headers as
> >  kernel-headers-<version>, especially on non intel hardware. There
> >  fore the dependency in libc6-dev is correct.
> >
> > 	manoj
>
> The problems I saw were in installing a kernel-source package when you had
> a header package and the symlinks in /usr/include are left pointing at the
> kernel-header directory. This is not very nice when you have 2.0.29 kernel
> headers and then install 2.0.32 kernel source.

And further, if you use for example OSS/Linux (I don't hafta anymore!
<cheer> (hey, waiting for new OSS/Linux for devel kernels is annoying)) or
similar programs, they will not work if you have 2.0.32 kernel-headers
because the standard autoconf.h doesn't have the information OSS needs.

Granted, OSS/Linux is an example of how NOT to write a driver for Linux,
and OSS/Free is worse, but.