Re: New drive--->lilo warning

> Re-arrange your drives like this and let me know if it fixes the situation:
>
> HDA - ok
> HDC - Set as HDB
> HDB - Set as HDC (Linux does not care where additional partitions are)

I did almost this, except instead of swapping hdb and hdc, I simply
detached hdb temporarily.  Low and behold it worked!  So you are right,
for whatever reason, you are not allowed two bootable dos partitions at
once.  Stupid, but true.

So it means my drive is fine.  I have now wiped hdc and replaced it with a
linux swap and a linux ext2 partition.

By the way, I noticed that there is now a new type of partition, number
85, corresponding to "linux extended" - does anyone know what this is -
perhaps for partitions larger than 2 gig?

Thanks for your help.

Mark.